Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Zucchini & Tomato Casserole

Zucchini is about to be in overabundance.  I'm okay with that!  There are lots of recipes on Pinterest.  And I have a few go-to goodies up my sleeve!  This is one that I make a lot!  Like several times a week all summer.


I made this one with my best girlie last week.  It's zucchini, butter, tomatoes, cheese, more butter!  You can't go wrong!

A sprinkle of cheese mid-casserole never hurt anyone!

Not very many breadcrumbs!



2 Medium Zucchini
2 Medium Ripe Tomatoes
Butter or margarine
Seasoned Breadcrumbs
2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Salt and Pepper


Using a mandolin, thinly slice the zucchini and layer in a 9 x 9 pan.  Shannon called an audible and had me add a layer of cheese between the zucchini.  When in doubt, add cheese!  Dot the top of the zucchini with butter.  Slice the tomatoes into approximately 1/4" slices and cover the zucchini.  Cover the tomatoes with shredded mozzarella. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cheese.  Not too much, don't want to hide the cheese!  Dot with butter again.  Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper!
We sorta ate it all before I remembered to take a picture.  Sorry!


Bake at 375*.  The butter and tomato juices will run down through and bubble under the zucchini to make it soft.  Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown!  Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment