Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gazebo Room Dressing

I love summer!  If I had to pick 2 things that I love most, I'd say baseball and fresh veggies!  And grilling.  I'll have to have 3 things!  Our grill was getting cantankerous after last summer and wasn't working well when we covered her for winter much sooner than I was ready.  But alas, miracles do happen!  I fired her up and she works!  

If you have never had Gazebo Room dressing.  You must.  "Gazebo Room dressing and marinade. Your taste buds will never be the same".  The jingle doesn't lie!  It was invented right here in South Central Pennsylvania and was the house salad dressing of the Gazebo Room Restaurant in Harrisburg Pennsylvania until the owner's sons decided to bottle and sell it!  The website shows that it's available all over the east coast, even as far as Texas.  AND you can order online at www.gazeboroom.com.  I am not receiving any reimbursement or free dressing for this endorsement.  I'm just food obsessed! 

Tonight I tossed a bunch of veggies in the grill pan with some Gazebo Room Greek.  Mushrooms are the best because they absorb the yummy goodness.  I used onions, mushrooms, carrots and green beans!  Cut the mushrooms in half and quarter the carrots (I use real ones, not "baby" carrots).  The thicker the pieces, the longer the carrot will need to cook.  Cut the tips off of the fresh green beans.  Saute for 15 minutes or so over a medium grill until they start to soften up and brown a bit.  I recommend adding the onions a little later or they'll burn.  Like mine did...do as I say, not as I do!

It's also wonderful on chicken!  Thaw and flatten some chicken tenders in a zipper bag.  Then, dump some Gazebo Room Balsamic Vinaigrette (Greek is good too) in there for a few minutes while the grill gets hot.  Grill for just a few minutes on each side.  Easiest meal ever! 

They also sell a Greek Lite version.  I haven't tried it, don't really plan to.  I never said I was a role model!

When my cucumbers come in, watch out!  I'll be living on a salad of cucumber, tomato, basil, feta cheese and Greek dressing!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  Oh and it's really good on grilled zucchini.  Had that last night!


4 comments:

  1. Jill, I had never used this dressing before although I had heard a lot about it. Tried it tonight on the same veggies and grilled chicken and it was insane! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dressing is great on a salad with chicken, mushrooms, dried cranberries and pecans and is a great marinade for veggies, chicken, pork or shrimp - esp. the shimp. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    My name is Newell Rinehart, and I’m the Website Designer/Social Media and Marketing Coordinator for Gazebo Room Salad Dressings. I wanted to contact you to let you know how much we loved your blog post about our products, and to ask if it would be alright if we add a link to our website to direct some of our website visitors and social media followers to your blog to check it out. If you are interested, we would also love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest (we hold contests to give away a year’s supply of Gazebo Room twice a year!). If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email me at nrinehart@gazeboroom.com.
    https://www.facebook.com/GazeboRoomSaladDressing
    https://twitter.com/GazeboRoom
    http://instagram.com/gazeboroom
    http://www.pinterest.com/gazeboroom/
    Sincerely,
    Newell Rinehart
    Gazebo Room Social Media and Marketing Coordinator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the only bottled dressing I will buy! Absolutely the best!

    ReplyDelete