Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tomato and Sweet Peppers Gazebo Room Bites

I've shared my love for Gazebo Room Dressing before.  If you missed it, check it out...here, http://jillievee.blogspot.com/2012/06/gazebo-room-dressing.html

There's more.  I neglected to mention the obsession I eat several times per week.  All. Summer. Long.

These little beauties are grape tomatoes.  Halved and seeded, just because I'm 12 years old and don't like seeds.  Keep them if you're a grownup!  They're just not my thing.  Actually scooping them out with a strawberry huller makes a yummy little cavern for the Gazebo Room Dressing to nestle into.  See?


Give the Gazebo Room a good shake, all the happy bits sink to the bottom when you're not looking!  You can use Balsamic or Greek, both are wonderful.  Squirt a little all over your tomato caverns. 
Grab a few basil leaves out of your garden.  Please tell me you have basil in your garden!  Rinse the leaves and stack them.  Slice into thin ribbons and sprinkle them about so there's a ribbon or two on each tomato!

Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper if you like.  I like!
  
Bake at 350* until the cheese is melted!


Since we have been very successful in our sweet pepper production these last few years, I've adapted this snack to include peppers!  Same deal, halved (or quartered) and seeded.  We pick them young so they'll cook quickly.  Then a squirt of Gazebo Room and some basil ribbons.  The only difference is the cheese.  I prefer a yellow cheese.  Mozzarella just doesn't seem to "go".  I use Monterey Jack.  For some reason I don't use shredded cheese on these, just tear the sliced cheese into small pieces.  I have never claimed to make sense!

p.s. if you're grilling, just toss them on some aluminum foil a few minutes before the rest of your food is ready.  If they're melty, they're ready!

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I work for Gazebo Room as their Social Media Coordinator. Would you mind if I tried to make these and posted the results on our FB page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Newell,
    Please do! I'm looking forward to summer so we can enjoy them all the time! I look forward to seeing them on the Facebook page. I'm a follower and lover of Gazebo Room!
    Enjoy!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete